Rigged Mesh and Fitted Mesh for Second Life
Create Rigged/fitted Mesh
Create – Weight – Animate
We are often asked what Avastar has that Blender does not already provide. The highlights in the next section tell briefly how Avastar competes to other tools. If you are interested in a detailed comparison, then please
Avastar integrates seamless into the Blender framework. We support:
- The Import of SL shapes to Blender.
- The Creation of SL mesh characters.
- Full support for Fitted Mesh.
- Exact SL shape support.
- SL shape sliders.
- Accurate attachment modelling.
- Extended checks on meshes before export.
Avastar adds a couple of Animation Tools:
- SL compatible BVH retargeting.
- Export to .anim format.
- Export to .bvh format.
- Auto FK and IK/FK controls for the SL Rig.
- Accurate animation of pose bones and attachments.
- Experimental support of attachment weighting.
Avastar-1.6 for Blender 2.73 and newer
Avastar-1.6 has been tested on Blender 2.73 or newer. It should also work on older Blender versions, but we do not recommend to do that. We have Release Notes for most of the published Avastar versions.
Avastar-1.0 for Blender < 2.70
For those who have to use Blender 2.69 or older (for whichever reason), you still can get the previous Avastar-1.0 release from the_archive folder in your download page1.
1: While you always can get an anonymous temporary link to the most current product version, you need to create an account and register your download page when you want to get access to the_archive. So you actually might want to